Learn to Sing Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle, Rehearse your SATB Voice Part
ChoraLine voice part rehearsal CDs and MP3 files are learning tools, specifically created to help choral singers memorise their vocal line and practise between choir rehearsals.
You can use the MP3 file straight from your computer and also put onto your ipod/MP3 player if you wish. If you are new to downloading an MP3 file please click here for tips and a step-by-step guide.
Whichever is most convenient for you, there is ChoraLine rehearsal CD or MP3 file. The examples above are a CD for the Soprano voice part for Handel's Messiah and the Bass part for Bach's Magnificat as an MP3 file on an ipod.
The advantages of learning your voice part using a ChoraLine recording are:
- A narrator guides you with verbal signposts (using bar numbers and rehearsal letters) to ensure you don't get lost and to 'cue' your entry
- There is also a track listing (on the back of the CD cover or within the MP3 zip file) which lists the bar numbers and rehearsal letters, you can follow exactly where you are on the ChoraLine recording and in the vocal score
- Hear and assimilate the music so it becomes second nature to sing
- The vocal score becomes so much easier to follow for those of us who are not so proficient at sight reading
- Rehearse in time with the music and learn at your own pace
- Use the balance control on your stereo (or the graphic equaliser on your computer) to enhance or diminish your voice part. Have your vocal line quite loud to start with and when you feel you know your part, test yourself by turning it right down
- Focus on challenging sections by going over and over specific parts of a movement
- Use as a 'pitch cue' for vocal entry
- Practice hitting the notes until you are perfect
- Far more enjoyable than unaccompanied note-bashing
- Be prepared, having learnt your part in advance of rehearsal
- Sing with more confidence and experience a higher level of achievement
We are always delighted to receive letters and emails from singers saying how useful they have found ChoraLine and also suggestion on new pieces to produce. We are currently working on Verdi's 4 Sacred Pieces (which is very complex as it has 16 voice parts in the last movement) and Purcell's Dido and Aeneas which has been requested by three different choral societies:
|Press PLAY to watch our story||Free PDF Download
ChoraLine Guide Book 1:
HOW TO LEARN YOUR VOICE PART